Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jan 27, 2010

I am feeling a great sense of accomplishment today!

I started the day out by getting the kids off to school….(okay, nothing new about that) but then…. I made myself some good old fashioned southern grits!

Have you ever had them?

Now I was thinking this was some great thing….this making grits.

Right?

I mean I am not from the south but I know it’s a pretty popular dish (or maybe I am off the deep end)

My dear hubby used to eat it when he lived in Florida….so that must mean everyone likes them right? (right?)

But when I made them…I took at step back and looked….and yea…

all I see is malt-o-meal!

WTH?

Okay.. a little let down, but I haven’t tasted them yet…that’s the secret! its not the look, its the taste

So…I asked the dear hubby…”what should I put on them?”  His reply…”maybe some butter and sugar…maybe even a little milk” enjoy! waalaa!

Okayyyy…I’m still thinking Malt-o-meal. So I added what he so lovingly suggested, took my first bite…. and …YEP!

NADA. NOTHING. No feeling of O MY GOSH those are the best! Or…O my I have been missing out on this stuff all my life! NOPE.

I had all this build up and I got Malt-o-meal. Now don’t get me wrong I like it. I just don’t get it. :)

I will try a couple recipes with them and see if I get that O GOLLY MISS MOLLY this is super delish with one of those and keep you posted!

Anyway,

after my breakfast of champions (wait that’s wheaties)…..guess what I did?

I GOT ON THE TREADMILL! all by myself !

So proud of myself. 20 whole minutes.

(ok, so its not a long time but come on, I was just saying yesterday I need help and I suck at this..so give me  break!)

20 minutes is better than no minutes! Now to do it again tomorrow is the hard part!      **sigh**

Then, I got some work  done and ran an errand to a sale a town over to look for baskets. I hit the jackpot!

I got 3 for my Bella Baby gals.

Now you have to understand, these are not always easy to find. You can search high and low some days and never find a basket you need.  So I was thrilled to actually get 3 in one place! and I got a good sale price on them all. Double Jackpot!!

I’s doing good right!Now you see why the sense of accomplishment today! run, shop, work….not a bad day! But I’m not done..O no!

I also got 3 things accomplished on my 101 list! THREE!

I did the fine art page. Wait that was yesterday, should have added that then I suppose!) # 82 and I will continue to add to that often!

and I did #86 and #87 …I created two newsletters today! One for clients and one for my staff! I will be doing staff ones every month and I will do client ones atleast bi-monthly!

How fun! It wasn’t  hard, but it was a lot of thought and consideration. Detail. Glad to get those off to a good start!

3 more things. DONE. DONE. DONE!

I am on a  what you call a ….. ROLL! or….. I made my list to easy.

and soon I will probably reach a stand still of …HOW THE H*LL do I get the rest of these done?!  But until then I will keep rollin’ rollin’

No big photography time today.

I did add my photo of the day! but the widget isn’t working! so I decided to add a photo of the day page. What the hay..why not. I will add a photo here and for the next month they will be things I can’t live without.  well, you know what I mean!

and I got these baskets for my house. (duh! like I would not get something for my house! … and they are a perfect fit with my hodge podge theme!)

you can stack them, or have them seperate. you can use them on the top and you can use them to keep stuff in. So versatile! I have multi-tasking furnishings!  Here is something interesting…look at how you can make the same two baskets look so different with some tweaks in photoshop!

like totally different baskets! right? I love photoshop. :)

I love my baskets.

They make me happy.

[Via http://carrieostreko.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment