Friday, September 18, 2009

Food Friday: Raw "cheese" cake

So I have been eating so many different foods lately…. I know it has done me a world of good, i have the blood work to show for it and I am happily missing 27lbs because of it!!  I have tried a couple of desserts and this one is by far the best!! YUMMY!!  I even brought it to work and had a sampling !  It is a raw vegan dessert but trust me it is good!!  It takes time to make but well worth the effort!!

I would post a picture but it gets eaten so fast!!!  Next time I promise!

CRUST

  • 2 Cups raw nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts)
  • ½ Cup Dates (soaked and pitted)
  • Coconut

CHEESE

  • 3 Cups Soaked Cashews (Soak a least an hour, but longer if possible)
  • ¾ Cup Lemon Juice with pulp (or lime for more tartness)

    ¾ Cup Raw Agave Nectar (Honey can be used as a substitute)

    ¾ Cup Raw Coconut Oil (lightly melted- emerge container in hot water or place in dehydrator a few minutes)

    ¼” piece of vanilla bean (use only the scraped out seeds) (extract can work as a substitution if it is pure and doesn’t contain alcohol.)
  • Water as needed

TO MAKE-

Sprinkle coconut on the bottom of a 8″ spring form pan (to avoid the crust sticking). Use a food processor to process nuts and dates to form a crust. Gently press the crust into the pan and smooth with a plastic scraper.

Next, blend (in a high powered blender) all the “cheese” ingredients until smooth & creamy. Pour “cheese” evenly over crust and place in freezer until frozen If you have bubbles gently tap pan on the counter.  Add a little agave or some dates if not sweet enough.   Defrost in refrigerator an hour before serving. Garnish with fresh fruit.

**I would bet you could throw some fresh fruit in the “cheese” to make a fruity cake.  Trust me people will not believe this is truly good for you!!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment