Monday, September 21, 2009

Early Morning Scones

Early this morning, before going to work, I made the Orange Scented Scones. Its a very easy recipe, one you can put together quickly. And, your co-workers will be very pleased when you arrive at work with warm scones. These were very well received at my store!

I did add a few ingredients: 1/2 cup currants(soaked in orange juice) and 1 Tbs. of orange blossom water (which I bought in Morocco earlier this year).

The batter was very sticky but I managed to form some scones and then I glazed them with heavy cream and vanilla sugar. I really like vanilla sugar; it is very cruncy when its cooked.

I will say that the scones were rather flat; I do like to split my scones and add butter but these were too thin to cut. But, these were very tender and moist. I will definitely try the recipe again; but I will try adding a bit more flour and hopefully that will lessen the spreading.

You can find the recipe at: Lady Craddocks Bakery blog:  http://www.ladycraddocksbakery.blogspot.com/

I’m looking forward to this weekend’s recipe: caramelized onion, sage and cheddar muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment