Monday, September 21, 2009

Eating Swiss Chard

We have Swiss Chard coming out our ears.

I may have found the right way to eat Swiss Chard. It’s still not my favorite vegetable, but I think this recipe makes it tolerable…

Sauteed Swiss Chard

Chop chard stems and as much of the leaves as you want to eat. Keep the stems and leaves separate.

Mince a couple cloves of garlic.

Put a little oil in a heated pan. Add the garlic and stir a couple times. Add the chard stems. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and anything else you want. Saute until stems are nearly crisp-tender. Add the chopped leaves and cook until the stems are tender and the leaves have wilted.

This makes for fairly tasty chard, although in the interest of full disclosure, I accidentally over-salted the chard, so it was more like eating a salt block than a tasty, healthy leafy green! But, I think it would be pretty tasty with more appropriate seasoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment