Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day?

So, yesterday I woke up to my children fighting…at 5:30am. Happy Valentine’s Day. How come they just know the day all you want is to sleep in past six, yet they are determined to never let that happen? So, I mustered up my patience and strength and walked downstairs to get the only thing that could brighten my  morning- coffee. Oh, please let it be delicious – and strong enough to get me through the morning. Why did I stay up last night? Was that movie worth being this tired today? Ugh…

Lets move on to dinner. My romantic dinner involved inviting the parents over, so the six of us (myself, hubby, 2 children, and grandparents) could enjoy a nice dinner together. So, my husband pounded out some chicken, I made a tomato sauce and a “healthy” (I use this term lightly) alfredo sauce. Oh- and the best part- green beans with oranges and an orange vinaigrette dressing.  Delicious. The green beans were possibly the best beans I have ever had.

Now, of course, the grandparents brought chocolate for the boys, so they were flying high after dessert, and I was hit with a “Flicker the flashlight” in my chest, but overall, good food, good family, good night.

[Via http://bakerscooking.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment