Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Batch of Home Brew Taste Test

B and I love cooking.  And we love trying new things.  She is reading a cheese making book as I type this post.  I think she plans to make her first attempts at ricotta and cream cheese this week.  I’m pretty excited about it.

I, on the other hand, have been trying my hand at home brewing.  My bride bought me a very nice home brewing kit for Christmas.  It looks like a grown up chemistry set.  And it kind of is.  A few weeks back I made my first attempt, a German style light (After all, I am on a diet).  Two weeks ago, we bottled it.  Tonight we had our first taste test.  It’s very good.  The carbonation is just right.  It has a good head on it and it tastes very fresh and clean. I am extremely pleased and can’t wait to try a different recipe.  The only problem is, we don’t drink much beer and the darned recipe makes 5 gallons.  I see lots of beer batter, Cajun cooking and barbecue sauces in my future.  Anybody thirsty?

[Via http://eastofedenfarms.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment