Thursday, February 18, 2010

Elliptical trainer, or torture?

Last night at the gym was like a who’s who of people Kelly used to date.  Always fun right?  Meh, not so much.  Although it was amusing when both of them were working out next to each other.  I actually didn’t mind running into the one, we dated about a billion and a half years ago in high school and are friends now, the other one I see there pretty much every day and we just ignore each others existence.  Gotta love small towns.

After two days in a row, I am officially sick of the elliptical.  I originally had the time set for 40 minutes, but when it hit 30 I couldn’t take it anymore and hopped off.  I made my way over to the stair master and did that for the last 10.  I personally break much more of a sweat on the stair master than the elliptical any day.  Then it was time for more stretching and ab work, I threw in some push-ups yesterday also.  Knee is still feeling pretty good, I took a quick jog to the mailbox last night (where I had the cutest card waiting from my old roomie Jill, thanks Jilly!) and didn’t have any pain so everything is looking good for a Monday return to running.

I had been thinking about last nights dinner all day, and could not wait to go home and make it.  Last time I went grocery shopping I picked up a can of black beans, and still hadn’t used them, and after discovering some frozen chicken in the freezer I knew just what I could make.  A nice chicken, cheese, black bean, and veggie quesadilla.

These tortillas are really small, I couldn’t find the medium size, so instead of just filling half and flipping one side over like I normally would I used one tortilla as the bottom, and another as the top.  On there is the black beans, onion, red pepper, orange pepper, and weight watchers Mexican cheese.

All put together with the chicken added.  I used a reduced sodium packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning to flavor the chicken, and a spoon-full of fat-free sour cream on the side for dipping.

And there are leftovers, so tonight’s dinner will probably be some sort of variation of this, involving all the same ingredients.  After dinner I settled in on the couch for a long night of Olympics watching.  I was so happy for Lindsey Vonn and her gold medal!  She was absolutely sobbing when they were trying to interview her.  Sadly I fell asleep before the Halfpipe competition ended, and even know I know the results I’m going to try to watch the video clips at some point today.

Happy Thursday everyone!  Only two more days to get through until the weekend!

[Via http://myverbalvomit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment