Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009: A recap.

I am thankful for family and friends, having a wonderful puppy dog who protects me, and the opportunities I have. I passed all of my teaching exams, my second internship, and am graduating in the spring. Really and truly blessed.

As for the break, well, there is just so much to cover. First of all, I got a chance to come back to Tallahassee for the first time since September. So that was wonderful. First couple days I just lazed about, went to the Museum of Florida History, didn’t do too much. Wednesday is where it starts getting eventful and if you are a cat lover or hate dogs then I would suggest not reading the rest of the paragraph. Mom took a half day and we went to get a Christmas tree and begin setting up our decorations. Since we were working outside, we figured we’d let the dogs sit in the front yard (attached to a tree). Well as I was getting Bear, he escaped. And everything after that is kind of blurred. But what it all comes down to is that Bear killed the neighbors cat and there was nothing we could do about it. It was a terrible and sad day. However we did come up with some awful jokes.

Thursday being Thanksgiving, there was a lot of cooking. Dad went to Cocoa Beach to be with his family and Mom, Jamie, and I stayed home since I hadn’t been around in a couple months and this was where I wanted to spend it. I think it went off splendidly. The only problem was that the brine made the gravy super salty, so I’m gonna suggest only one cup. And that miscalculation could be that we used a smaller bird then most of the brine recipes I referenced. I got to bring some left overs home so that was a huge score. Plus mom had gotten me some extra stuff at the grocery store (you know the buy one get one free stuff) so I don’t think I’ll have to go to the grocery store between now and next time I come back home. Later that night we went to a self-service car wash that also has a dog wash attached (more later on this) and got the dogs and their crates washed and cleaned for the drive back to Tampa.

So, on to today. We traveled back down to Tampa. Pretty uneventful. Bear is happy being back, put another hole in my screen trying to get at a cat from the second story. Shelby is adjusting nicely to being an indoor dog after 8 years of living outdoors and has only had one accident so far.

Tomorrow is the FSU/UF game. Seriously, if the Noles can win this one, the rest of the season would go unnoticed. It would also make my year. And who doesn’t want to make my year? Unfortunately I am being required to attend the USF vs. Miami game that happens to be played at the exact same time. Who in their right mind would do this? 2/3 of Florida is going to be watching the Florida/State game and only 1/3 will watch USF because they are Miami fans. Ugh. Well, you’ll see my in all my FSU glory tomorrow at Raymond James.

All in all, a Thanksgiving we will all remember.

[Via http://jnwells.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment