Saturday, November 21, 2009

saturday favorite #20

I’m not really a fan of the cold. If it’s cool enough to wear a light jacket, it’s too cold. I’m in the right state, right? Ha!

What I DO love about once it starts getting cold is making all different kinds of soups and chili’s! Yum!! There’s nothing more comforting than a hot bowl of soup when it’s cold outside. It makes it officially feel like winter. Even when “winter” in Arizona is still 78 degrees outside.

We’ve been spending time at my mom’s house a lot lately and she always makes the most yummy dinners! She’s made this a couple times in the past month or so and I HAD to have the recipe. And then I HAD to pass it on to you. It’s Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. It’s so easy- you just throw it all in your crock pot and walk away for a few hours. And about 10 minutes before you’re ready to eat, throw some Texas toast in the oven as a side. I’m all about dinners that are simple to make and that are full of flavor. You will love this if you try it! It’s comforting to me for some reason. And in this season, I think all of us could use a little comfort!

 

Ingredients

- 3 chicken breast halves- cooked and diced

- 1 box of Uncle Ben’s long grain & wild rice

- 1/2 C. uncooked wild rice

- 1/2 C. carrots, onions and celery- all chopped

- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth

- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup

- 1 can Cream of Celery soup

- 1 pint half & half

- 1/2 Tbsp Mrs. Dash

 

Directions

1. Prepare wild rice according to the basic cooking method on the package.

2. Add all other ingredients into slow cooker, including the chicken that has already been cooked.

3. Cook on low for 2-3 hours

4. Serve with Texas toast and enjoy!

 

… Yeeessss…

No comments:

Post a Comment