Tuesday, November 17, 2009

sunny sunday, 11/15

What a gorgeous day!  Such a nice break from the dreary, dismal rainy days of late.  Spent the day with my family at the Redskins game, and miracle of all miracles, they won!  It was a fun day.

Breakfast:  lemon water; oats, arugula, almonds, cranberries, water; traditional medicinals chai.  Wanted to keep it very savory and steer clear of the sweet flavors altogether.  After dessert for the last several days I’m in over my head with the sugars, and I was feeling pretty puny this morning.  I only got about four hours of sleep last night; I’m fairly certain it was not decaf that I was enjoying by the tankful.  That said, the way I drink I could very well have taken in a sleep-disturbing load of caffeine even though it was decaf.

Lunch:  water; decaf; bbq pulled pork; corn chips; berries; green beans; asparagus; zucchini; coleslaw; cucumbers; carrots; chocolate chip cookie.  The AOC suite at FedEx field was so well catered I could have cried.  Look at all those vegetables!  And fruit.  There were even dried apricots on the cheese tray, such a nice touch.  I wish I’d seen them before I had that cookie, Iwould have been just fine flavorwise and as mentioned, I did not need any sugar today. 

Dinner:  water; honeybush tea; Amy’s veggie lasagna; sprouted wheat toast with garlic, butter and chives.  Wanted something warm and mushy.  I was so very tired.  In bed by 8:45.   Jeez louise this dinner looks horrible, doesn’t it?  Typically my food is so very pretty…

No comments:

Post a Comment