Sunday, November 15, 2009

And That's the Week That Was...

*Whew* what a week.  KAB and Puppet Players met on Tuesday afternoon.  Like always, we had a good time.  I let them listen to my Glee CD (total guilty pleasure) and it was kinda hilarious to watch seven kids between the ages of 7-13 jam out to Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin.’”  I told them that I have many friends who would be so very proud of them knowing all the words (seeing that most of my memories of that song involves friends, a bar, and some sort of girly beverage).

Thursday, my supervisor, another coworker, and myself got to go to Barnes and Noble.  All day.  It was FANTASTIC!  We were given dollys to put books on (I must have filled two of those bad boys) and got to buy pretty much whatever we wanted.  When I say ‘whatever,’ I mean within  the parameters of our collection development policy.  But omigod, I was in a state of shock/euphoria that I could purchase as much as I wanted.  They also let me let loose in the movie/TV department as well.  Our library will be the proud owner of three volumes of Animaniacs, one volume of Pinky and the Brain, one volume of Sesame Street, two volumes of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood, and other various movies.  I can’t wait until the like eight boxes of stuff we brought back to the library gets processed.  Brilliant!

I think I’m pretty much done getting stuff ready for Mystery Night.  I’m nervous (like I normally am) because I do have thirty kids signed up.  I’m glad that I have two other people helping me.  They know their way around these programs better than I do (and I’m sure they’ll have some good input).

Speaking of programs, the library is also gearing up for Christmas (yes, yes, more than a month away, I am aware).  We let kindergarten and first grade classes visit both libraries to visit Santa and make crafts.  Last time I talked to my supervisor, we had over five hundred kids signed up.  We also have two nights that the public can take pictures with Santa.  Boy, I can’t wait (!)

Today, I went out to buy all of the ingredients that I’ll be needing for baking for the next month.  This weekend I’m making  vegan banana muffins for a birthday.  Since, I’m celebrating Thanksgiving twice this year, I’ll be making Pumpkin Cheesecake and Chocolate Chunk Toffee cookies.  Hopefully, I won’t make any baking fails.  *knocks on wood*  For dinner, I thought that I would treat myself to POM Cider Glazed Pork Chops, baked potato, and peas.  Yum.  The only drawback was that my smoke detector kept going off and I checked a bazillion times to see if anything was heavily smoking/on fire, but no.  Maybe maintenance will know what’s going on.  Regardless, it was a delicious meal.

Finally, I got my webcam today!  So for any of you lovely people that have gmail, skype, or something else that will work, let me know.  I won’t be so lonely down here!  I was playing around with it and figured out how to make a video and post it to Youtube.  For some reason, I thought it was going to be harder than it actually was.  Here’s what I got:

PS- Mother dearest is visiting me for my birfday!!!

Countdown to Cleveland: 38 days

No comments:

Post a Comment