Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oodles of Noodles

When my 16-year-old daughter and I make a trip to the city to visit the mall one of our favorite places to stop and have a bite to eat is Noodle & Company.  We love the Asian noodle entrées the best.

When Ree over The Pioneer Woman shared her Simple Sesame Noodle recipe you want to bet I jumped on that band wagon and whipped them right up.  They were delish and everyone in the family loved them.

This evening I decided to doctor up the recipe just a tiny bit.  So here’s what I did.

  • I made Ree’s Simple Sesame Noodles, only I left out the hot pepper oil and the green onions (I didn’t have any on hand).
  • I then stir fried some frozen oriental veggies in peanut oil and sesame oil.
  • I added some sliced almonds
  • I placed the noodles on the plate.
  • Top the noodles with the stir fried veggies
  • Sprinkled some hot pepper flakes on top
  • And tada! Yummy Asian style noodles with stir fry veggies just like Noodle and Company!
  • Well, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment