Tuesday, October 27, 2009

(91) What a beautiful fall day

Today, well – getting up was a case of the Mondays, but once I was actually out of bed, I managed to get all of last nights dishes loaded up into the dishwasher and the dining room re-assembled and back to normal.  I love, love, love coming home to a clean house rather than coming home and knowing a lot of chores await.  I was excited for Nick to wake up and find all of that stuff done too!

After work today, Pinot and I set off to Lake Needwood for a bit of a fall hike.  She didn’t get too long of a walk yesterday, with Nick’s and my run in the morning and all her playtime with CJ last night, so getting her something out of the normal routine (i.e. walks around the neighborhood) was in order.  Nick and I ran the hiker/biker trail that begins up by Lake Needwood yesterday, and today I knew to go armed with the camera for some great fall foliage shots, today with the intent of heading around the lake.

Lake Needwood is one of those places around DC that we didn’t discover right away, but now that we know it’s there – (a) it’s amazing how far away from the city you can feel walking around and (b) hooray to it being actually really close to our house!  It pays to live in the boondocks.  Ha ha ha.  Actually, I’m starting to think that I wouldn’t mind owning a house over that way, if we end up here for good.  Providing that I can start telecommuting a couple a times a week, I’m getting too old for the Gaithersburg-Fairfax commute.

And so, today we bring you a selection of 5 photos – your choice on which one is the picture of the day.    With the exception of the photo of Pinot and I, these are all iPhone shots!  It’s not saying much for your point and shoot camera if the iPhone is taking better pictures on a day like today.  (Nope, I didn’t bring the good camera.  Maybe there is another leaf peeping excursion in my future?!)

As a side note on fall foliage, isn’t this xkcd comic the best?

Got home and started on dinner.  I think I was chopping for a good hour or so, but it was well worth it because I think this may be the best soup that I’ve ever made from scratch.  (Gingered Squash Soup ) If you have a lot of veggies laying around the house, this soup – with my modifications anyway – comes highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment