Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Said "Bulgur," Not "Vulgar!"

a bag of bulgur

I am a new fan of bulgur.

“Bulgur? What the heck is bulgur? That sounds gross!” you may say.

Well, my friends, it is not gross at all. In fact, it is one of my new favorite foods to cook with.

This evening, I made chicken with bulgur pilaf. Several weeks ago, I made acorn squash stuffed with bulgur (recipe from Martha Stewart). Since I still have more bulgur left in the bag, I will soon be cooking more bulgur-inspired dishes.

Bulgur is a Middle Eastern staple, high in fiber and protein, and low in fat and calories. It’s filling, and it’s as simple to prepare as cooking rice. For more info, this site may be helpful.

Trust me, fellow eaters, you need to try some bulgur for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment