Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Super-simple and semi-tasty

This is my first attempt at a recipe from The Best 1001 Short, Easy Recipes. I made Asian Beef and Noodles. Now I know the title of this blog post is probably not going to make anyone rush out and make this themselves…but it really was good, I just would make a few changes.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 Ground beef

2 packages oriental-flavored ramen noodles

1 package frozen oriental stir-fry vegetable mixture

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions.

-Brown the beef (or ground turkey)and drain, I just scootch (sp?) the meat over and dab the fat all off with a paper towel. This  prevents me from dirtying up some other pan….oh laziness.

-Add 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes.

-Then in another skillet (or the same one if you remove the meat) add 2 cups water, veggies, noodles, ginger and both seasoning packets. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.

-cover and simmer for a few minutes or until noodles are tender

I’m feeling pretty proud of myself. I know that’s pathetic, it’s just stir-fry…but pretty good stir-fry…

-Add the Beef and serve!

Now the first bite I was like, “Oh I did really good!” But as I kept eating I thought it was too beefy. I may be the only person with this problem but I think I’ll double the package of vegetables next time and then it will be perfect! The good news is that we ate it for dinner and lunch the next day…What a money saver!

[Via http://francescarobinson.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment