Sunday, March 21, 2010

Home Cookin'

I like cooking, actually, but not every day.  That would make for too many dishes.  I like finding new recipes and trying different variations of old ones.  One thing that’s also great about home cooking is that I get to make things how I like them.  Everyone has their own style when it comes to making food.  Most of the people in my family (and extended family) cook too simply for my tastes.  A “spice rack” was a strange and foreign concept to me as a kid.  My parents’ cooking wasn’t terrible as I remember, and it certainly kept me sustained, but theirs is not a style I want to emulate.  I don’t consider myself a great chef by any means, but I think I’m a darn good one.

And if you’re interested in renaissance foods, why not pay a visit to Renaissance Fare, a blog my friend of mine made, dedicated to foods from ye olde times.

[Via http://anobi.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment