Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pizza Pointers

One of my favorite quick, easy-to-make dinners is pizza. Not only is pizza always a crowd pleaser, but it’s a great way to use up the leftovers in my fridge. You might be thinking homemade pizza and easy are not words that go together, but my secret is that I don’t actually make the dough myself. Truth be told, I don’t even roll out dough that I’ve bought. I could, yes, but really, why bother? We have a ton of amazing pizza places in our neighborhood, so if i want the real deal, I’ll let them do the work. As an alternative, I buy Whole Foods whole wheat pizza crusts (I’ve used the Trader Joe’s version too, but Whole Foods’ crusts are thinner and also come in a package of two, which is great to have on hand in a pinch) and then top them with whatever’s in the refrigerator. Tonight it was fresh mozzarella and walnut pesto that I picked up at Russo’s earlier in the week, marinated mushrooms (also from Russo’s. I don’t know what they steep them in, but oh they are delicious) leftover spinach, and a baked chicken cutlet from Monday’s meal that I cut into strips. I piled it all on and baked the pizza for 20 minutes. I served it with a basic salad of baby romaine, shaved romano and homemade croutons. The result? A delightful dinner in 30 minutes or less.

[Via http://madebymichellec.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment