Friday, August 28, 2009

A Peek at a Day in the Paleo-Zone

In addition to doing CrossFit, I have been part of the CF gym’s paleo challenge over the summer.  Eating paleo means we eat meat, vegetables, fruit, and some seeds and nuts.  We eat no dairy, grains, or sugar.  It is of course 100 % gluten-free!  Being able to make this change with so many other supportive people and the guidance of the trainers has made this a rather painless switch. 

Last week I decided to try the paleo-zone plan, primarily because I have been feeling so great on paleo that I wanted to try balancing out my foods with the goal of more energy and less snacking (a better hormonal response.)  Eating paleo-zone means your daily food is of both a high quality and a high quantity.

Here is a day in my eating life…

Breakfast

 

Lunch

 

Dinner Salad

 

Dinner's Main Dish

 

Dessert

 

Another look at my new favorite-mixed berries with pecans and a drizzle of coconut milk

[Via http://nourishing.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment