Monday, August 24, 2009

More than just the ravioli...

…It’s not that I am not working on any projects. Quite the contrary. But today felt so inundated with eye-popping chatter of all the things on my list, i just couldn’t go on. Something had to happen, and it did. I made ravioli from scratch. Customized someone’s swiss chard filling recipe, pumped it full of ricotta. The sauce could have been different, but i realized all too late that we were out of bot the garlec and the cream. So i made a five minute brown butter sage sauce, fresh tomatoes and basil and parmesan on top. A glass of wine.

It was so deliciously right, to labor for a few hours to make a meal. I miss that, even knowing full well that i couldn’t make it into a habit. But seriously, how strange! I also learned a few tricks about using my pasta machine.

This was a small post and I just had to share something that surprised me and made me happy. I still feel overwhelmed by EVERYTHING, but there’s this sense of the present that food gives you, the food you spend some time with. And yes, that’s a different me, but there’s the balance. Have to post the pictures and the recipe once all the ravioli are finished and in the fridge.

[Via http://marvelouserror.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment